Our junior program allows members between the ages of 14 and 17 to work alongside senior firefighters in training exercises and incidents to prepare for a future in the fire service. Juniors are restricted to some activities for safety reasons but are allowed to take classes to prepare for their transition to senior firefighter at the age of 18.
Here are some of the abilities of our Junior members:
- Become an Exterior Firefighter
- Become an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (Must be 16 y/o)
- Become a Vehicle Rescue Technician (Must be 16 y/o)
- Fulfill your high school’s volunteer requirements
- Qualify for scholarship’s specifically designed for youth in public safety
A majority of our line officers started out as junior members and have greatly enjoyed their time in the fire service. If you would like more information “click here”! (take them to the recruitment center)